What Makes A Good Leader: Essay Hints
Table of Contents
Looking for tips on how to write a leadership essay? We’ve got some!
In this essay, you need to discuss the essential qualities needed for becoming an effective leader. In fact, different situations require different types of leadership styles, so it may be hard to choose the qualities that define good leaders admired by people from bad ones.
Besides, there are common misconceptions about their role. In this article, we will try to answer the question of “what makes a good leader essay” and give you some recommendations about the aspects you should focus on.
Essay structure and key points to cover
Wondering what the best way to approach an essay on leadership qualities is? Leadership essays can be written in the expository style and structured to include different subtopics:
- Discussion of major leadership theories.
- Personality traits defining great leaders.
- Leadership styles and how they work.
- Leadership principles and core values.
- Examples of leaders in different spheres of society.
- People you consider to be leaders in your life.
- Leadership skills you have.
It’s important to demonstrate an original personal understanding of leadership concept and provide impressive illustrative examples taken from today’s real life or history. That’s the best thing to do when reviewing various leadership qualities.
What are the qualities of a good leader: essay ideas
When we take an in-depth look at history, we see countless leadership qualities that were adopted by both good and bad leaders. When writing what are the qualities of a good leader essay, you should focus on the characteristics and strengths of a leader, and how they help influence and motivate other people along with achieving own goals.
These are emotional and behavioral characteristics of well-known leaders that helped them succeed:
- Vision – effective leaders have exciting ideas, they usually are forward-looking, and have excellent strategic planning skills.
- Communication – communicating ideas clearly and concisely is essential to ensure teamwork towards the same goal.
- Integrity – they are honest and can always tell the truth in any situation.
- Confidence – they dare to take risks to achieve their goals and never give up.
- Responsiveness – good leaders value their team, listen to people they lead, and quickly change their behavior to match different situations.
- Determination – good leaders are passionate about what they do and can motivate people by demonstrating their own commitment.
- Empathy is the most important skill which allows to create strong bonds of trust and build successful teams.
Tips on writing a winning essay on leadership
When working on what makes a good leader essay, students should follow certain basic steps.
- Research relevant sources on the internet to get a better understanding of the concept, read a lot, and make notes of interesting ideas which can be used in your paper.
- Brainstorm ideas to write about, formulate a strong thesis statement and create a detailed working outline. Organize information in a logical order.
- Start writing a draft with an introduction. Engage readers with a hook – provocative question, anecdote, stunning fact, convincing statistics. Introduce a subject, providing relevant background information. End introductory paragraph with a specific thesis that sums up your ideas.
- Devote separate body paragraphs to specific points supporting the main argument. Begin paragraphs with topic sentences, presenting key points, give detailed explanations, and provide additional evidence and examples. Include appropriate citations with proper referencing. Sum up and demonstrate how each paragraph contributes to the logical argument.
- Create a convincing conclusion to wrap up the paper’s key points.
- Revise the first draft, make improvements in content, logic, and sentence structure. Edit to improve word choice and clarity.
- Proofread the final version – fix minor errors and typos. Create references list and check the formatting of the entire paper.
We Will Take Care Of Your Tasks!
The use of a leadership essay sample
Still not sure that you can write a good leader essay that will impress your readers? Read biographies of famous people who played crucial roles in human history, created big successful businesses, managed large corporations to learn which qualities contributed to their success.
Besides, you may want to check out some good paper examples.
Find out how powerful papers on this topic are structured and what interesting points they cover. Use essay samples as templates or models to follow.
See this short sample paragraph which discusses one of the leadership qualities for inspiration.
Empathy, an ability to recognize other’s feelings and perspectives and understand other people’s needs is crucial in leadership. Being empathetic means you can step into another person’s world and this character trait is essential for success due to several reasons.
It’s impossible to effectively lead people you don’t understand. You can effectively motivate and influence someone if you know their feelings. Empathy is one of the keys to successful leadership because it helps build relationships with people they lead and create an environment of open communication. Luckily, empathy is natural for humans and we can even learn to be more empathetic and demonstrate this ability to people around us.
No time to write your essay on leadership? We’ve got plenty of time here! Our writers strive to help you out. Click the button faster and get yourself a perfect essay with no struggle!