How to Deal with Animal Right Essays: Quick & Simple Prompts
Table of Contents
Whether you’re a student at the Ethics, Biology, or Medicine department, you can receive an assignment to write animal right essays from time to time.
On the one hand, the task may seem simple and manageable at first glance. On the other hand, such essays (as any other type of academic work) require careful research, outlining, structuring, and writing in line with top academic standards. Thus, if you’re stuck on this task with no ideas in mind, read on to find valuable tips for this kind of essay.
Here we compiled valuable recommendations from our writing experts about:
- Finding an interesting, relevant topic.
- Composing an animal rights outline.
- Developing an effective animal rights thesis statement.
- Researching credible sources for animal right essays.
- Structuring your arguments.
- Effective editing and proofreading of the assignment.
Why It Is Important to Discuss Animal Rights
Whenever you approach writing about animal rights, this topic’s relevance always surfaces as a critical vantage point of your animal rights essays. It’s a commonly recognized fact that throughout history, humans have been too cruel toward animals, and they have ruined much of the authentic wildlife ecosystems in the process of industrialization and urbanization. As a result, numerous species lost their habitats and were urged to seek shelter elsewhere, thus altering other natural habitats by residing in places where they shouldn’t be.
Even in cities, where people and animals seem to have different lives, cruel treatment and abuse of human authority are evident.
First, pets are not always treated ethically and respectfully, mainly because of their legal status as human property.
Second, many pets are abandoned and flood the streets, where they are either killed by other street animals or are doomed to wandering the streets and surviving by eating trash and food remnants.
Third, corporate breeding animals for food (e.g., children farms and daily factories) is highly inhumane, involving cruel treatment of animals and their stay in awful conditions.
The situation with wildlife is not much better, with hunters and poachers killing wild animals for fun and entertainment. Fires and floods caused by human-made climate change also urge wild animals to seek shelter and food in human residences, which often ends in their killing or captivation.
Thus, as one can see, the problem of animal rights and human oppression of the planet’s fauna is pressing, with so many manifestations of unethical, inconsiderate, and cruel attitudes to all creatures, great and small.
Main Points to Elaborate on
Given the problems surrounding animal protection and rights today, you can approach the subject from numerous perspectives in your academic assignment:
- Legal rights of animals in your country or abroad. Comparison of legal policies towards wildlife and pet protection.
- Pet protection and a new legal status for pets.
- Legal and ethical standards for corporate farming.
- Legal and ethical standards for animal use with medical/experimental purposes.
- Wildlife protection and conservation.
- Protection of marine life from exploitative industrial practices.
How to Write Animal Rights Essay Introduction
All animal right essays should start with an impactful introduction so that your audience understands what you’re talking about, what you’re driving at, and what your key arguments are.
To achieve this goal, we recommend structuring an introduction as follows:
- First, discuss the broad context of the paper – animal rights in general, what kinds of rights they possess, and what abuses of those rights are observed globally.
- You may also boost the interest of your readers by citing some shocking stats or providing some anecdotal evidence. Anyway, this information should be relevant, pointing to the serious, pressing problem in the field of animal rights you have identified.
- Next, it’s vital to formulate the problem clearly and indicate how you will resolve/discuss it. It will be your thesis statement.
Following this structure, you’re sure to make a captivating intro that will urge your audience to read the paper until its end.
Animal Rights Essay Outline
To complete animal right essays quickly and effectively, you need to perform some pre-writing work. Composing an outline is always a helpful approach to organizing the basis for your writing process as you receive a roadmap for the further composition of your essay’s vital parts.
Here is a sample outline for a paper about pet rights and legal status. Still, you can successfully appropriate this outline for any other topic by following the instructions about each part’s content.
Introduce your subject and give some background information. Underline the problem’s significance. State your key idea of the paper.
Pets are typically a part of the family in which they live, causing warm feelings and enjoying commitment from the people who invited them to their homes. Still, sadly, pets are considered property by law in 90% of countries, limiting the protection of cruelly treated and abandoned animals. Thus, a legal change is required to improve pet coverage by law and enable animal rights advocates to take measures against pet maltreatment.
BODY OF THE PAPER
Paragraph #1-3 – Indicate a topic sentence with each paragraph’s key idea. Support that key idea with some supporting data from credible sources. Offer your interpretation of the information in those external sources. Make a transition to the next paragraph and then to the conclusion.
Paragraph #1 – statistics on pet maltreatment. Animal abandonment and abuse.
Paragraph #2 – protective legislation. E.g., the UK Animal Welfare Act (2007), felony animal cruelty laws in the USA.
Paragraph #3 – animal rights advocacy organizations (e.g., ALDF). Actions they take to prevent and minimize pet maltreatment.
Summarize your arguments concisely and refer them back to the general argument. Clarify the arguments’ significance for the broader subject of your research. Again, stress the importance of dwelling on this subject theoretically and with practical steps.
Pet abuse is still commonplace because of the legal status of home animals as human property. Still, numerous laws and activist organizations work to change the situation. A broader legal change is required to change pets’ status and enhance their protection.
How to Write Animal Rights Thesis Statement
The thesis statement for animal right essays should be clear and concise, communicating your central message and purpose of the paper. The thesis should not be too long or too short. It should also incorporate the central arguments you’ll expand in the following sections of your text.
In this way, this statement will function as your readers’ roadmap leading them from one argument to another one and helping them follow your logic.
20 Animal Topics for Research Papers – Choose the Best Idea
Looking for some bulletproof animal topics for research papers? Here is a list you can use on all occasions to compose various academic works with ease.
- Is it realistic to protect all animal rights today?
- Is the animals’ right to no selective breeding compatible with the human needs?
- What is the best way to protect animals from the harmful impact of humans?
- Is hunting ethical on any grounds?
- Hunting and animal species extinction – a need for a more effective protective policy.
- Is experimentation on animals generally avoidable?
- How does the human-made climate change affect the well-being of fauna?
- Is pet euthanasia a reality?
- The impact of massive fishing on biodiversity and fish species survival.
- Increasing peopling of suburbs and the loss of animal habitat – a reverse side of people’s flight from the vices of urbanization.
- What is the impact of invasive species on the local wildlife? Discuss with examples.
- Cruel handling of corporately farmed animals.
- Is overbreeding of pets a pressing problem? What are the far-reaching consequences of overbreeding?
- Destroying predators – a step towards human safety or an ecological crime? Discuss the fundamental role of predators in local wildlife and the adverse effects of these species’ minimization.
- Are police and military dogs given similar rights upon retirement as people who served their motherland? Discuss more extensive coverage of police/military dog health and care services.
- What kinds of experiments on animals are unavoidable to save people’s lives? And what are senseless and cruel?
- Animal abuse in zoos – the reverse side of human entertainment and endangered species conservation.
- Is it ethical to use animals in hard manual/agricultural labor?
- What can people do to enhance animal rights protection?
- Is it ethical to consider animals human property? The need for a legal change of pet status as a vital contribution to the more humane treatment of home pets.
With these topics, you’re sure to beat all professors’ expectations and develop an attention-grabbing, exciting argument.
Need Professional Help?
Writing animal right essays is an exciting activity that can help you hone your writing skills and, at the same time, enhance your understanding of the topic. But what can you do if the task seems too complicated or you have too little time for composing several urgent papers?
No panic; our service is available 24/7, and experts employed here are ready to respond to all student needs quickly and effectively. So, if you’re short of time or are stuck with no ideas in mind, no need to get an F for that essay. Contact us today, and our skilled authors will compose an impressive A-grade assignment to cover your back.
Place an order today and sit back, relaxing and knowing that your task is in the expert hands.