How to Write a Biography Essay
Table of Contents
Writing a biography essay is a challenging assignment for many students. At first sight, it seems that it’s easy to tell a story of a famous person’s life as there are many sources on the Internet. However, when it comes to writing the paper, students struggle with its structure, format, thesis statement, and determining what facts to include in the essay.
There are lots of professional writing services to buy research papers. But knowing how to write biography essays is a must for your academic success. Move on and find tips for creating high-quality text about someone’s life.
What Is a Biography Essay?
A biography essay is an essay type where a writer tells about someone’s life. It should be accurate and truly depict the story of a person’s life. Biography essays are mostly about prominent figures, writers, politicians, artists, scientists etc. An author tries to portray a person not only by giving facts about their education, career, dates of birth and death. It’s crucial to tell a story through live events and connect them to the formation of personality. An essay should reveal a person’s values, beliefs, challenges, and achievements. A reader has to connect with the essay’s character through small but valuable details about a private life that is not present in books and articles. A biography essay includes a thesis statement highlighting a milestone event in a person’s life. Further paragraphs support the statement, and the conclusion shows the contribution this person made to the world.
Step 1 – Choose Your Subject
When preparing for writing the essay, you should choose the audience, think about ideas, and, most importantly, contemplate a good subject. You may think that this essay writing stage is the easiest one, but you can not even imagine how crucial it’s to choose the right topic. When you buy research papers, writers help you with selecting the biography essay subject.
So what to consider when deciding which topic will be the most appropriate for you? It should be a famous person connected to the subject you study. If you are assigned to write a biography essay on chemistry, choose a prominent scholar from the field. Write about an outstanding personality who changed our lives with their inventions, works, ideas, etc.
Choose a person to write about in your essay that you are interested in. Thus, it’ll be engaging for you to work on the paper, and you will explore more unknown facts as researching brings you pleasure.
Make sure there are enough literature and internet sources for writing a research paper. When you use research paper writing help, experts prepare a list of works cited and use only reliable sources.
Step 2 – Do Research
When setting up the stage for writing the essay, you should spend a sufficient amount of time on research. The more sources you research, the more professional your essay will be. Try to find as many books and articles telling about the person as possible to have a clear picture of their life.
You can ask for help from a research paper writer service, and its specialists will help you with searching for appropriate sources. On these platforms, you can buy research papers and benefit from a rich database of literature on different subjects.
For research materials for your essay, try to select not only well-known facts about the person but, most importantly, write down interesting details. You should also explore what other people said about the prominent figure to whom you devote your essay. It’ll be great to include controversial opinions and analyze them to prove the rightfulness of your thesis statement.
There are several tips for successful research for your essay:
- Allow enough time for your research and do not leave it until the last minute.
- Understand the essay subject to know what aspect you are asked to investigate.
- Brainstorm what you already know, identify the gaps in your knowledge, and set a plan for what to read and learn.
- Create a reading list and allocate time for studying literature for the essay.
- In order to find relevant sources, ask your professor or librarian, and use the index not to read the whole book.
- Be prudent with online resources as they may not be reliable and academically rigorous.
- Write down everything that is interesting to you about the person.
- Organize your notes and formulate your opinion.
Step 3 – Write an Outline
The next thing to do is to write an essay outline. Every essay should have an outline and standard paragraphing. It helps you to structure the paper and organize the main points. You will better understand the flow of information and not miss any details.
Students struggling with biography essays can resort to research paper writing help and learn how professionals plan the paper. But you can easily do it yourself following these simple tips. There is a common five-paragraph structure for all essay types:
- Introduction: mention your topic and establish the thesis statement that you will support in the main paragraphs.
- Body paragraph I: write a topic sentence with an argument for the thesis, support it using facts and examples and explain their relation to the thesis.
- Body paragraph II: here, you should add another argument, support it, and prove the relation.
- Body paragraph III: this paragraph has the same structure but should contain a different argument.
- Conclusion: here, you summarize the main essay points, restate the thesis statement, and include a call to action at will.
Step 4 – Write Your Introduction Paragraph
Writing an essay introduction is your opportunity to engage the reader and make the first good impression. It is a starting point, and you should make it catchy and meaningful. There are a few tips to make it right. You can attract the audience’s attention using a hook. Although several types of opening statements exist, they aim to encourage the reader to move on.
Let’s see what the examples of powerful hooks are:
- Start your essay with someone’s quote about the person to whom your paper is devoted.
- Ask an engaging question that is related to your subject.
- Include an interesting story or fact from a person’s life.
- Use figures of speech like metaphors or similes.
The final sentence of your intro is a thesis statement. It should be your view of the person that you will justify in the essay. Students can buy research papers if they find it challenging to create a captivating intro.
Step 5 – Develop Your Thesis Statement
When writing a research paper and an essay type, an author should create a strong thesis statement. It’s the main component of your biography essay introducing arguments to readers. It directs the essay structure and reveals the purpose of the paper. Let’s find out how to write a thesis statement for your biography essay that will represent a specific argument:
- A writer should show their stand on the subject and make their conclusions. Make it specific and avoid vague formulations.
- A good thesis statement justifies a point for discussion. Include some controversial viewpoints on a person’s life, achievements, or career that would spark interest.
- Answer in your thesis why and how questions concerning the essay subject. Use specific nouns, action verbs, and assertive predicates.
Step 6 – Body Paragraphs
Now we move on to writing the body paragraphs of the essay. Here you should structurally present all the information you’ve gathered about the person. It is recommended to stick to chronological information presentation.
Do not focus on tedious facts with dates and names of institutions and companies. Rather pay more attention to interesting stories and funny, sad, and controversial life events. Showcase what influenced the personality development, including quotes and flashbacks.
Every paragraph should focus on an idea. Remember that sentences must be logically connected. You should include supporting arguments for your points, referencing primary sources.
Step 7 – Conclusion
The last but not the least part of the essay is the conclusion. A writer needs to make the final paper part engaging and memorizable. The conclusion consists of the thesis statement, your general conclusions, and the final comment.
A reader should be encouraged to explore more about the person you write about. You can include a quote or an interesting life event. Include what their influence was on the state of science or society. Use a professional research paper writer service for academic assistance in creating high-quality biography essays.
Write a biography essay following this guide, and you will benefit from incredible results. We hope you have a clear picture of the essay structure and content. We wish you good luck and excellent grades. If you need support, our writing service is always ready to help with any academic work type!