60 Best Argumentative Essay Topics in 2023
Table of Contents
Every English lesson American eighth-graders begin with a warm-up – they write an essay. This develops critical thinking and presentation techniques. In this article, you can choose from over 60 exciting topics.
Foreign language exams are distinguished by a large volume of work and a variety of essay writing tasks. The candidates must prove complete proficiency in speech, and this includes several factors: reading, translation, listening comprehension, pronunciation, and writing. We will talk about the last point today since it causes the most significant difficulties for students.
In the article, we will talk about the content of the texts and analyze in detail the topics for the essay in English in the exam. Such preliminary work will provide an opportunity to understand the format of the written part of the exam, teach you how to draw up a text plan quickly, and help you gain confidence in your abilities before the exam. So join the reading!
How to select the best Sociology Research Paper Topics?
Always choose the topic that interests you the most since it will be challenging to write an essay on a topic that you do not like and hardly get something good. Most essay writing websites agree that after choosing a topic, you need to search for information yourself for inspiration and write an essay yourself. Let’s understand the structure of this writing assignment:
Introduction. With an introductory paragraph, you give the proper context to highlight your position. Also, here you should provide the reader with a quick reference. In the introduction, you set out those basic thoughts that help you understand your point of view.
The introduction should end with the central thesis, which will sound your statement (the idea for which you are writing an essay) and the reasons for your position on this issue.
Argumentation of the position and things to argue about. All the facts provided in this section should strengthen your position. This is the core of your essay. Typically, you start with a general statement, which you then back up with essential details and powerful examples. Depending on the length of your arguments, there will be one or two paragraphs in this part, which should clearly state the reasons for your position and the evidence for them.
Objections expected. An indication of common objections to your submission indicates that you have worked through the topic thoroughly and are familiar with different points of view. Having this type of information will only make your work stronger! Typically, this paragraph comes just before the conclusion.
Conclusion. In conclusion, the essay should come to a logical conclusion. Try to show the reader the issue under discussion in a broader context. Also, in conclusion, you need to reiterate why this problem is essential.
Don’t make up facts. Fictional statistics and facts will not fool readers. Do not try to come up with some information just because you lack in-depth knowledge of the topic.
Don’t be overly emotional. A deductive essay is not a page from a diary, not a review of a film or a personal letter. It is not about your feelings! There is no need to write such an essay in the spirit of praise or complaint. You can always buy argumentative essay from us if you don’t feel like doing a particular task yourself.
List of Argumentative Essay Topics
Essays of this type are one of the most common types of written work. Such essays are written at school in preparation for exams, at the institute, and in language exams. For example, when taking TOFEL, you must write a text that will reflect your opinion on a given topic. Let’s take a look at the example argumentative essay topics
10 Great Argumentative Essay Topics 2023
- How the attitude towards nature has changed during the pandemic.
- How the format of distance learning has changed.
- Pros and cons in the issue of distance learning and work.
- Global changes during a pandemic.
- How art and culture changed the format of sales, exhibitions, and events.
- Political relationships against the backdrop of a pandemic.
- How human values have changed during the pandemic.
- How the tourism industry has changed during the pandemic.
- How the sphere of sports has changed during the pandemic.
- How the sphere of sales and international business relations has changed.
10 Easy Argumentative Essay Topics
- Husbands and wives.
- Problems of youth.
- A burning problem of our time.
- The relationship between parents and children.
- Fathers and children.
- Friendship in our lives.
- Friendship is the joy of life.
- Secrets of gestures and body language.
- What body language hides.
- Questions of religion in the life of a teenager.
10 Best Argumentative Essay Topics
- If you had the opportunity to eradicate either crime or environmental pollution, what would you choose and why?
- Imagine that you have become invisible for a day. Describe this day. Do you think this will be fun, or will you create more problems? Explain.
- Imagine that you won a shopping spree (a short moment when you can borrow everything for free) for 5 minutes in any store of your choice and you can take whatever you want. Which store will you choose and what will be your shopping strategy?
- What do you think is more important: freedom of speech, right to a fair trial, or right of privacy? Explain.
- If you were lucky enough to travel with any explorer in the world, who would it be and why?
- Do you think it is worthwhile for scientists to test drugs on animals to combat human diseases such as cancer?
- Write down why keeping promises is essential.
- At the request of the post office, you have to choose the hero of the new stamp. Who could it be and why?
- Do you believe that people are naturally more good or bad? Explain.
- What reward (real or imaginary) would you most like to receive in your life?
10 Argumentative Essay Topics For College
- Unrequited love in the world famous books.
- Correct upbringing of children and adolescents.
- Patriotism in the United States.
- Choosing a future profession.
- The role of art and culture in the life of every person.
- US culture in the 21st century.
- What a man is capable of for the sake of love.
- Does love always make a person happy?
- Spiritual and mental strength.
- The role of the family in the United States in the 21st century.
10 Good Argumentative Essay Topics
- How to spend your free time competently.
- Time management skills in the life of every student.
- Is it impossible or possible to live in society and be free from society?
- Dream and reality. How to achieve balance?
- Money should be managed, not served. What should every student prepare for after graduation?
- Social networking pros and cons.
- Only a healthy nation has a future. Example of the USA.
- Time is the best test for fidelity.
- Terrorism is a problem of the 21st century. An example at the Gemini Towers and the September 11 terrorist attack.
- The power of money in the modern world.
10 Argumentative Essay Ideas For You
- American character in literature (the character of the American person).
- The Internet is an integral part of our life. How the internet has affected people.
- The Internet is the most important innovation of the late 20th century. History of origin.
- Teens, parents, and the Internet. How can you restrict children from the unhealthy amount of the Internet?
- About the manifestation of the moral principle in history, in life, in fate.
- A teacher in every child’s life. How to find teachers for yourself in adulthood.
- Life in the depths of space. Does alien life exist?
- Modern society: progress or degradation
- The impact of modern technology on our lives
- The phenomenon of cloning. The era of computers has already arrived.
Got No Time to Write Argumentative Essays?
Well, you have a work plan and a list of tasks. Now it’s time to practice. In conclusion, we just note that, regardless of the topic, essays and essays in English are written in the official style and contain about 200-250 words. Be sure to adhere to these criteria when doing the work. Otherwise, even a flawless text will receive an underestimate.
As you can see, there are many interesting topics for writing essays, but is there always enough time and opportunity for a busy student to write an essay. Not always. There is an exit!
You can choose a topic and order an argumentative essay from the professionals of our service.
After completing the application, you will quickly receive help and will be able to free up time for essential activities!